[extropy-chat] Kurzweil Article Retread

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Sun Feb 13 22:15:15 UTC 2005

Either we will change/overcome human nature or else the species is
quite likely to die out entirely.   Staying as we are without species
wide calamity is not in the cards.  If we don't mind posts-apocalyptic
hell at best with billions dead and our technological base destroyed or
the death of the entire species then all we have to do is do nothing
but what chattering monkeys do best.

Those who believe the status quo is fine where even the haves fall
apart and die after scant decades of existence while billions live in
unspeakable conditions will undoubtedly vote implicitly if not
explicitly to do nothing.  It is they who are the mad fools.

- samantha