[extropy-chat] Science News Article on lifespan

Andrew Beck abeck at berklee.net
Thu Feb 17 06:13:46 UTC 2005

I've wondered about this before - but it seems like the rest of the universe can appear to move faster for a mouse.

If mass is huge amounts of energy concentrated in one place then wouldn't the difference of energy in an elephant and a mouse cause perceived time to change?

I came to this conclusion because mass increases as velocity increases, and as velocity increases time dilation occurs.  So if we take velocity and mass as traditionaly measured units that are two seemingly different percevable offshoot of energy, then wouldn't time dilation occur when mass (energy content) changes?

I'm not sure if that's a huge jump in logic, but it's just a thought I had.

Original Email