[extropy-chat] cosmic silence

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 pgptag at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 10:04:06 UTC 2005

This is a possibility of course, but you cannot infer it from the
cosmic silence.
Advanced civilization could communicate with cosmic networks we don't
yet know how to listen to. Like we listen for drums and they use radio
waves.
How can you rule out that a nanomachines based alien civilization is
already here on Earth and has been here for centuries?
Concerning the main thrust of your argument I agree that we are racing
against time and we may win or lose. The only sensible thing to do is
do our best to ensure that we are still here to see the result.
G.