[extropy-chat] Analyzing the simulation argument

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 22 00:49:12 UTC 2005

--- Dirk Bruere <dirk at neopax.com> wrote:
> It could be done by a superficial sim at the molecular level for only
> the parts of the universe that we can observe at the molecular level.
> That would require very little in the way of computational
> requirements compared to a Planck level sim of an entire universe.

The entanglement problem doesn't let you work that way. You have to sim
it all. Inertia alone is proof of that, being caused by the
gravitational influence of all the other matter in the universe going
forward in time then back to the moment you push on a mass... If it
were merely some code faking inertia, there would be servere
repercussions in our astronomical observations.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)