[extropy-chat] Zen Garden

Dirk Bruere dirk at neopax.com
Fri Feb 25 01:47:37 UTC 2005

Adrian Tymes wrote:

>>Zen is the Diamond Sutra.
>>http://www.buddhistinformation.com/diamondsutra.htm
>>

>Ne...contains statements that could be misinterpreted.
>For instance:
>

>>Subhuti, do you think that the space in the Eastern
>>Quarter can be measured?"
>>
>>"No, World-Honored One."
>>

>...when clearly, space can be (and has been) measured.
>But then, this seems to be the nature of most (all?)
>such fables.

And the value changes with each measurement.
But that's not the point.

Natasha's question: "Is zen a personal experience that each one of us
appreciates differently, or is it assumed that what is zen for me is zen
for you as well?" would have been considered a sublime joke had it not
been meant seriously.

--
Dirk

The Consensus:-