[extropy-chat] A New Year's gift for Bayesians

Hara Ra harara at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 2 04:27:42 UTC 2005

How Newtonian. 1 ml of air has 10^19 molecules, and all we know are a few
statistical values..... When you start with quantum theory and then recall
the sensitvities in chaos, knowing probablities as described is obviously
unknowable. Only a saint would think otherwise..... (Saint Laputa?)

>>Laplace takes every event in your life, and every probability you
>>assigned to each event, and multiplies all the probabilities together.
>>This is your Final Judgment - the probability you assigned to your life.
>
>Saint Laplace should instead extrapolate your probabilities and assign
>them to all events that happen, regardless of whether you learn about
>them.  Then you won't want to commit suicide, etc.

=   Hara Ra (aka Gregory Yob)    =
=     harara at sbcglobal.net       =
=   Alcor North Cryomanagement   =
=   Alcor Advisor to Board       =