[extropy-chat] (no subject)

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Thu Jan 6 03:23:34 UTC 2005

--- matus at matus1976.com wrote:
> I really have to wonder what the world would be like
> if the media covered the murderous tyrants of the
> world as it does to this tragedy...

Quite a few journalists have tried to give us that
coverage.  They tend to get arrested or shot by the
same dictators for their efforts...

    -------------

In all this discussion, I haven't seen mentioned the risk of
slanted, exaggerated or false reporting by enemies of the
state, in a direct effort to topple the regime.  The argument
can be made that much of the reason the U.S. invaded Iraq
was because of reports that they were developing dangerous
weapons.  It isn't hard to believe that such reports, for
in the U.S. much of our mainstream media appears to be
populated with those who oppose the current government,
and have shown themselves willing and eager to spew
slanted, exaggerated or false propaganda in an effort to
topple that regime.  Two glaring examples, Rathergate and
missing-explosives-gate.