[extropy-chat] weaponry

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 7 17:25:07 UTC 2005

--- spike <spike66 at comcast.net> wrote:>
> That gives me an idea.  If one is in any sitch where one might need a
> weapon, how about one of those nifty laser pointers?  Laser to the
> eye, boot to the balls, relocate to safety.  Easier to carry than a
> pistol, might still stop an attacker.  Actually now that I think
> about it, its only a matter of time before the bad guys start using
> them as a mugging aid.

Trying to re-invent the gun has always been a fruitless exercise.
Essentially, ANY thing which leaves an attacker concious enough to get
pissed off is a failure at replacing a firearm. Furthermore, you might
stun a mugger THIS time with your laser pointy thingee, or taser, or
whatever, but NEXT TIME, i.e. the next time you are outside your
pod-hole, they will be forewarned and prepared to counter your defense.
Very likely with a firearm.

An effeminate distain for putting a rabid dog down permanently has
always been, and always will be, a behavior which is not conducive to
one's survival. Of course, if you insist on continuing to live in a
jurisdiction which does not recognise your right to security of self,
you are consciously accepting victimhood and slavish serfdom.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)