[extropy-chat] Bill Moyers' Comments - Global Environment Citizen Award

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Sat Jan 8 06:59:58 UTC 2005

Thanks for posting this.  It is indeed one of the most chilling things
I have read and I am no stranger to such of late.  While I disagree
with Bill Moyers on some particular points, he draws attention to very
real dangers from the religious ideologues now ascendent in the US.
While I hold a low opinion indeed of what is truly running this bloated
government (and it goes FAR deeper than this administration),  I have
possibly misjudged the size and impact of the Ready for Rapture crowd.
   I sincerely hope his views of its extent are overblown.   If not then
I am very much afraid we are in for hell on earth.   Not from the
second coming but from these loons ready to pass out the kool-aid.

I hope that the parts where Moyers' views disagree with mine or that of
others here do not blind us to the dangers we face that he warns about.
   It is a common human characteristic to disbelieve bad news if chinks
in a few points or in the bearer's character can be found.   I think we
give in to that tendency at our peril.

- samantha