[extropy-chat] We Must Learn To Repair The Brain

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 pgptag at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 11:20:47 UTC 2005

Longevity Meme: A discussion of stem cell research in the Danvers
Herald provides a good feel for the reasons why research into the
human brain is vital to the future healthy life extension. The more we
learn, the more we find can go wrong in the aging brain; articles like
this make Paul Allen's decision to fund the Brain Atlas project look
very smart. Twenty years from now, when most of the major organs in
the body can be repaired in situ or regrown from scratch, regenerative
neuroscience will become increasingly important. The brain is in a
class of its own - the one organ we can't just replace as a matter of
last resort. The technologies used to repair aging or damaged brains
must, by necessity, be more advanced.
http://www.longevitymeme.org/news/view_news_item.cfm?news_id=1425