[extropy-chat] Trees/urban agriculture

Extropian Agroforestry Ventures Inc. megao at sasktel.net
Tue Jan 11 14:29:17 UTC 2005

MB wrote:

>It is my understanding that hemp was grown here (NC) as a major cash
>crop for use in rope making for ships in WW1. This is only hearsay,
>but I've heard one can still find the stuff growing wild locally, but
>it's not like the new stuff at all, it's got no buzz to it.
>
>Regards,
>MB

 From what I have seen of the marijuana growers business, there are very
sophisticated bio-product
possibilities which can be operated as mom-pop franchises and for
personal use.
The key ingredient is money in for work expended.
At 100 CAD/ ounce the market for growers is teeming.
So , why not grow this bioactives industry with a variety of
alternative bio-products.
Urban , high value agriculture is possible.
And this does remove CO2  and clean air  from  the enviro- perspective.

The houses are heated already, the lawns are high input ag areas.
Many homes already have more space than they know what to do with.
Automated herbal production systems are readily available.

--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.