[extropy-chat] Huygens: First visitor to Titan

Amara Graps Amara.Graps at ifsi.rm.cnr.it
Sat Jan 15 08:29:29 UTC 2005

Hal Finney:
>The raw images are no longer available at the arizona.edu
>web site, maybe the ESA got mad at them,

????  Policies like this happen at a Cassini-Huygens project level.
I am not sure, but if what I saw last year with how the teams
released their data from the Cassini orbiter, I don't think that a
global policy at the project level for Cassini-Huygens has been set
at this point. The individual instrument teams with their respective
research institutes have the say for their release of their data.
Each have a particular level of processed data 'product' that they
must deliver to ESA or  NASA or ASI within a particular time after
mission end.

>The larger view makes it appear that there is a humongous mountain
>in the background!

Needs a geometric correction?

Amara