[extropy-chat] US Intelligence Report Sees Sharp Rise in Asian Influence

Jay Dugger jay.dugger at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 19:30:25 UTC 2005

Saturday, 15 January 2005

Hello all:

[snip]

http://www.foia.cia.gov/2020/2020.pdf

> years from now in which the United States remains the dominant power,
> but faces increased competition from growing economic power in Asia
> and challenges from political Islam.

See also the "Global Trends 2010" and "Global Trends 2015" reports to
compare, contrast, and track the changes of this particular consensus
future model.

http://www.cia.gov/nic/NIC_2020_project.html

http://www.cia.gov/nic/NIC_home.html

> reports reflecting the collective views of U.S. intelligence agencies.
> Officials say the views of more than one thousand political, economic,
> and social experts around the world were solicited for the new report.

>From the NIC 2020 Project page:

"Significantly, the NIC 2020 Project employed information technology
and analytic tools unavailable in earlier NIC efforts. We created an
interactive Web site which contained several tools including a
"hands-on" computer simulation that allows novice and expert alike to
develop their own scenarios. This "International Futures" model is now
available to the public to explore."

http://ifsmodel.org
Service intermittent as of Sat 15 Jan 05, and apparently not yet
cached by Google.

All links also available through the social/collaborative bookmark
service del.icio.us. See the link in my .sig, or pick up a RSS feed
here:
http://del.icio.us/rss/jay.dugger/NIC

--
Jay Dugger