[extropy-chat] TMS

Dirk Bruere dirk at neopax.com
Wed Jan 19 14:52:19 UTC 2005

Adrian Tymes wrote:

>--- Dirk Bruere <dirk at neopax.com> wrote:
>

>>The official line:
>>http://www.haarp.alaska.edu/haarp/tech.html
>>"During active ionospheric research, the signal
>>generated by the
>>transmitter system is delivered to the antenna
>>array, transmitted in an
>>upward direction, and is partially absorbed, at an
>>altitude between 100
>>to 350 km (depending on operating frequency), in a
>>small volume a few
>>hundred meters thick and a few tens of kilometers in
>>diameter over the
>>site."
>>
>>and the unofficial list of military interests
>>http://www.haarp.net/
>>

>Ah.  Okay, thank you for the clarification.  (This is
>why I am careful to disclaim what I am not certain
>of.)
>
>It still does not appear to be coherent enough to
>precisely target parts of the human brain, though.

Persingers expts indicate that wholesale immersion in the field is
sufficient to alter behaviour.
We're not talking about complex information transfer, merely a slightly
selective screwing up of some brain functions.

>(Communication and selective spectrum denial, while
>requiring some control over the wavelengths generated,
>do not have nearly the required precision - and that's
>assuming a wavelength could be found that only the
>desired part of the human brain responds to, thus
>eliminating the need to precisely target that region.)

Also, it's not wavelength that matters particularly, but modulation.
Persingers work was done in the hunderds of Hz using pulse trains that
mimicked firing paterns found in major areas of the brain at field
strength of less than 10% of geomagnetic.

I'm not claiming that HAARP is set up to hit the global population with
such effects. However, if I were looking for that kind of wide area
technology non-linear plasma pumping in the ionosphere at the poles
might be a good place to start, esp given the energy released in these
regions during solar events.

However, we are only likely to hear of military failures rather than
successes eg the idea of using it as a missile shield.

--
Dirk

The Consensus:-
http://www.theconsensus.org