[extropy-chat] Harvard president criticized over comments

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 21 19:52:31 UTC 2005

--- John K Clark <jonkc at att.net> wrote:
> "Samantha Atkins" <sjatkins at mac.com>
>
> > I know more than a few very high IQ people whose
> > mental powers are confined largely to trivia and the
> > creation and maintenance of very convoluted
> > and intricate neuroses.
>
> That's true but not surprising; it would be surprising if the most
> complicated thing in the universe, intelligence, could be described
> by just one number when you need a vector to do the same for
> something as simple as the wind. For brains I imagine you'd need a
> tensor, and a big one.

The problem with Samantha's statement is that accomplishment is a
function of IQ AND the motivation to pursue higher education. Higher
education alone can't make a moron brilliant but a lack of it in a
genius can be clearly created by stunting the motivation of the
brilliant kid. It is why most genius kids in the public schools are
typically diagnosed as learning disabled because they are so damn bored
with the pap and BS being palavered. That the public schools do this is
not an accident. The government child warehouse and indoctrination
centers want to chemically castrate the frontal lobes of those with the
greatest ability to imagine and inquire, question and contest authority.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)