[extropy-chat] Feynman's 1963 Lecture - The Uncertainty of Science

Robin Hanson rhanson at gmu.edu
Sun Jan 23 01:42:46 UTC 2005

I just wrote:
>Feynman was a great physicist, as well as a great salesman and entertainer.
>He sold many on an idealized vision of himself and his social institution.
>As a graduate student at Caltech, where Feynman talk for many years, I learned
>that many quite unflattering tales of him are told there.

I had meant to add:  While I enjoyed the Feynman Lectures along with everyone
else, those people I have known who have tried to use it as their primary text
had found themselves stumped when they actually try to solve concrete problems.
There's a reason the standard textbooks are structured the way they are.

Assistant Professor of Economics, George Mason University
MSN 1D3, Carow Hall, Fairfax VA 22030-4444
703-993-2326  FAX: 703-993-2323