[extropy-chat] Harvard president criticized over comments

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Mon Jan 24 09:40:04 UTC 2005

At times it is less malicious to attribute actual malice than to
believe that an entire major enterprise of critical importance such as
educating the next generation is in the hands of complete and utter
incompetents.     I find it often useful to assume that others,
particularly large groups of others, are, or contain those who are, at
least as intelligent as I am.   Since I could not design educational
philosophy and practice to produce such horrendously poor results by
accident I do not believe that  it was accidental.

- samantha