[extropy-chat] Call for contributions: "Intro to H+" book

Ned Late nedlt at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 26 00:14:27 UTC 2005

Can I write an over-the-top essay on why we have nothing to lose in becoming transhuman and posthuman, because the human body is disgusting and human nature is capricious, catty & disingenuous; we are nothing but hairless apes on the third rock from the Sun?

The World Transhumanist Association is moving forward
with the project to produce an essay anthology under
the title "An Introduction to Transhumanism". As many
of you know, I've volunteered to be the editor.

On a suggestion from Mike LaTorra, who is working on
an essay on Transhumanism and Taoism, I've set up a
yahoo group for those wishing to contribute essays to
this anthology. If you'd like to contribute, please
join the group at:

We're also looking for volunteers from transhumanists
who don't subscribe to WTA-Talk. It would be much
appreciated if those of you who are members of other
transhumanist communities could spread the word that
we're looking for contributions to this anthology.
(Please feel free to forward this e-mail to anyone you
think might be interested in contributing--just don't
spam anybody, please!.)

If you belong to any of the following groups, for
instance, or know people who do, you might want to
spread the word to them:
The IEET Fellows
The contributors and editors of JET
The Contributors to the recent ImmInst Book
Speakers at the last two Tranvisions
The Board and Honorary Vice-Chairs of the WTA

Again, thanks for all your efforts on behalf of what
I'm sure will be a great book. If you have any further
questions, please don't hesitate to contact me
directly offlist at pdxwta at yahoo.com

Thanks,
Tom FitzGerald

http://mail.yahoo.com