[extropy-chat] Support your local transhumanist artist I

Technotranscendence neptune at superlink.net
Thu Jan 27 00:14:49 UTC 2005

On Wenesday, January 26, 2005 5:59 PM Damien Broderick
thespike at satx.rr.com wrote:
>> eeminds me of the Alice Sheldon's (AKA James
>> Triptree, Jr.) short story "Backward, Look
>> Backward."
>
> Tiptree.

Thanks!  I noticed that after hitting send, but what did you alter
"reminds" above?:)

> Alas, that one's not at
>
> http://www.bestsf.net/s2t.html
>
> but two of her most famous stories are.

That's hardly a comprehensive list for any author listed.

> Another accelerating jumper is Charlie
> Stross's suitably-titled ACCELERANDO,
> due out soon.

Actually, "Backward, Look Backward" wasn't an accelerating jumper, but
people in it were limited to only seeing their future lives.  I don't
want to say much more because I don't want to spoil it for anyone.

Cheers!

Dan
     See "Ust Contra Tebye" at:
http://uweb1.superlink.net/~neptune/Tebye1.html