[extropy-chat] The Force of Human Freedom [was - is America fascist yet?]

Olga Bourlin fauxever at sprynet.com
Sun Jan 30 03:19:23 UTC 2005

From: "spike" <spike66 at comcast.net>
> If I had the authority to kill a thread, I would kill this one.
>
> Guys, do knock this off, forthwith.

Well, sorry - but at least I'm trying to change the inclination somewhat
with this article (alas, it's still about fascism).  And - get this - it's
from Harry Browne (a Libertarian Party presidential candidate from not too
long ago).  I find it devastating.

"And when you've sacrificed your life, it no longer matters whether Iraq is
"liberated" or oppressed, because you don't exist any more. It no longer
matters whether George Bush is a great leader or a megalomaniac, because you
no longer have a life with which to be affected by it. You are no more.":

http://www.harrybrowne.org/articles/ObsessionWithWar.htm

Olga