[extropy-chat] 'History' and the fulcrum of 1945

Jef Allbright jef at jefallbright.net
Sun Jan 30 13:12:01 UTC 2005

Hubert Mania wrote:

>Thank you, Amara, for your understanding.
>
>I can give you a tiny part of the view as a post war german school boy.
>Certainly, everyone here on this list has experienced or heard of a local
>vietnam veteran going mad, killing his wife or still behaving like a warrior
>in the relatively peaceful environment of a us suburb. Now imagine, you are
>a german school boy of 7 or 8 years and ALL male persons, your father, your
>uncles, some of your older cousins, your teachers, priests and doctors . . .
>they all are WWII veterans. They are mass murderers in the name of fascism,
>some of them, maybe the barber of your home town and the neglected drunkard
>at the end of the street who lost his job 10 years ago, even contributed
>their share to the unimaginable event called holocaust or shoah.

Hubert -

Thank you for your recent contribution to the list.  This is the first
post from you over the last few years that I could read to the end
without prematurely deleting it as an emotional rant. It helped me
listen and understand your point of view far better than all the others
combined.

- Jef