[extropy-chat] The Force of Human Freedom [was - isAmericafascistyet?]

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sun Jan 30 16:33:57 UTC 2005

> ... Hubert Mania
> ... The Force of Human Freedom [was -
> isAmericafascistyet?]
>
> > The important thing is that we each have the freedom
> > to make our lives what we want them to be.  By that criterion,
> > I would say the U.S. is a pretty good place to do that
>
> > spike
>
> Sure, the existing concentration camps are not on us territory...The
horrible spacetime of the inexpressible pain
> and
> death of an imaginary enemy thankfully unfolds abroad. So, its coordinates
> fortnately do not disturb the tiny public space that is left in the
> usa between nothingness and entertainment.
>
> humania

Humania, your bio-post was good, very informative.

This war is tragic as all hell, I am very much in agreement, as
nearly everyone.  The news this morning from Iraq is encouraging.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/01/29/us.iraqis.vote.ap/index.html

Let us see if the Iraqis can put together a decent government
out of all this.  After all that has happened, I am still
optimistic.

Here's a shock: even cBS posted a positive story about the
Iraqi elections.  That must have killed them.  {8-]

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/01/28/national/main670226.shtml

I didn't even look at FoxNews, but they must be having a
terrific party over there.

The things the Iraqi people are saying should inspire people in
democracies all over the world.  Humania, we are all against
war.  If someone is willing to kill you in order to make you
his slave, then war is the result, not the goal.  Peace is
always the goal.