[extropy-chat] Re: First reactions to transhumanism

M. De Thézier dethezier at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 31 17:09:02 UTC 2005

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004, Giu1i0 Pri5c0 wrote:

>The Canadian online magazine VOIR offers a debate between a
>transhumanist and a neoluddite, for French speakers to enjoy. The most
>interesting thing is reading the many comments left by readers, many
>of whom apparently had not been exposed to transhumanism befor. It is
>I believe a useful lesson that can be used for better marketing to see
>the range of first reactions to transhumanism.

http://www.voir.ca/actualite/actualite.aspx?iIDArticle=32418

Hello Giu1i0,

You, along with other French speakers, may enjoy reading my critical
analysis of my experience with VOIR since it will give you insight into the
phenomenon of information manipulation by the media.

http://transhumanism.org/index.php/WTA/more/676

For those whose understanding of French is too weak to read it, I will only
say this:

The lesson is that you should always be aware of how every word you say or
write to a journalist, especially one that has a bioLuddite bias, can and
will be taken out of context and used against you in his article. Therefore,
avoid wild speculation about future technological breakthroughs and focus on
your best moral and scientific arguments for human enhancement. More
importantly, the best way to promote transhumanism is by honestly stressing
the importance of responsibility.

-Justice