[extropy-chat] Re: is america fascist yet?

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 31 22:29:53 UTC 2005

--- Dirk Bruere <dirk at neopax.com> wrote:

> The 'problem' is not the Kurds, and not the Shiites (yet).
> The Shiites have voted to control Iraq, the Kurds have voted for
> independence and the Sunnis are polishing their guns.
> The war will go on.

Not for long. Sunnis make up 20% of the country. They are asking for an
ethnic cleansing if they think they can regain control by arms. Iran
has shipped in too much weaponry for the shiites, and there is no
longer any C3I like what Saddam had. They best they can hope for is to
show up at city hall with hat in hand thankful that their own people
got elected to represent their districts in parliament.

Also, only 23% of the population want an islamic government, according
to a survey of 2,000 iraqis three weeks ago. Most want secularism.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)