[extropy-chat] Free fall for all

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 1 23:04:02 UTC 2005

--- Mike Lorrey <mlorrey at yahoo.com> wrote:

> What is supposed to be judged 'safely'? It seems
> creepy to me, like
> abusing a corpse.

Albeit the figure is somewhat pale and haggard
looking, I don't think it is supposed to represent a
corpse. I agree with you that it is a little creepy. I
felt that it was a scantily clad woman who is very
submissive, supple, and compliant as if she had been
given hypnotol the date-rape drug. My guess would be
that it is a statement about the objectification of
women. I would conjecture that the artist was a woman
and it could very well be a self-portrait of the
artist. The short hair seems to signify a rejection of
her sexuality as many rape victims shave their heads
and some become lesbians.

The Avantguardian
is
Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"The surest sign of intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't attempted to contact us."
-Bill Watterson