[extropy-chat] Body Worlds

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Sat Jul 2 06:48:40 UTC 2005

Olga:
>Speaking of which ... have you all discussed "plastination" here?  A
>friend of mine went to one of these shows (in Los Angeles), and
>described them to me in gory detail.  He said he loved the show - and
>was entertained.  I was creeped out just listening.:

>http://www.bodyworlds.com/en/pages/home.asp

>http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,679330,00.html

Anders Sandberg wrote an excellent piece on it in 2001 (I think, or
2002?) when the exhibit was just getting known in Europe. The archives
are not up from that time, and I think I was offline enough that I
wasn't saving all of the posts because now I can't find it. Someone,
who has the extropians list archived more completely, can check?

Amara

Amara Graps, PhD          email: amara at amara.com
Computational Physics     vita:  ftp://ftp.amara.com/pub/resume.txt
Multiplex Answers         URL:   http://www.amara.com/