[extropy-chat] finding old (and new) sf

Emlyn emlynoregan at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 15:09:02 UTC 2005

On 02/07/05, David <deimtee at optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> > Charlie had 22,000 downloads fairly quickly when he put his new
> > singularity novel ACCELERANDO up for grabs. My question: how many people
> > would feel an impulse to pay the author a couple of bucks in gratitude
> > for having the book might available in this way? Would anyone here be
> > likely to do so?
> >
> > Damien Broderick
>
> Yes.

I would almost definitely download and read it. I might get around to
paypal (more likely since I know you, but a decent (lower than 50%)
chance even if I'd never met you, if I liked the book).

However, if it were in print, there's an extremely low chance that I'd
read the book at all. I mostly read etexts only these days (although I
do every so often read an actual book for the retro thrill).

--
Emlyn

http://emlynoregan.com   * blogs * music * software *