[extropy-chat] astrology suit against NASA

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 4 23:05:14 UTC 2005

Well, the impactor imparted 372 trillion ft-lbs/sec, or
89875517873681764 m^2 s^-2 of specific energy. That this energy was
imparted against the direction of the comet's travel when the comet was
at perigee should result in a measurable change in apogee distance from
the sun, though no change in the perigee distance from the sun, or from
Earth's orbit around the Sun.

That the impactor struck the comet near the end closest to earth may
cause much of the energy to be translated into a change in angular
momentum (spin).

Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com