[extropy-chat] astrology suit against NASA

Neil Halelamien neuronexmachina at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 23:19:09 UTC 2005

Lawsuit aside, it was a darned impressive impact. (paste, paste...)
The Planetary Society's Emily Lakdawalla put together a fairly nice
animated GIF of the impact and posted it to the Society's official
blog:

http://planetary.org.nyud.net:8090/deepimpact/images/encounter/animation-small.gif
http://planetary.org/blog/

Her description: "OK, I've managed to get back on the raw image
website, and I grabbed a whole bunch of the images that we were
apparently looking at earlier. I just threw together this little
animation, showing mostly Impact Targeting Sensor images, but moving
at the end to some Medium Resolution Imager images. Now, I've probably
dropped some frames, and these images are smaller than the ones the
scientists get to use, but I have to say that this is pretty sweet as
it is. I can't wait to see what the scientists produce! "