[extropy-chat] Transhumanism == militant fascism (apparently)

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Tue Jul 5 22:25:06 UTC 2005

There is no need for debate with such creatures but only antidotes to
their venom.  Here is a brief response I posted.

"Do we want a future dominated by technophobes who would condemn all
humans to hideous decrepitude and death after a mere 70ish years?  I
don't think so.  Kurzweil's vision is highly benign and has no
fascism or borg-like parts at all.  The poster's slur is beneath
contempt.  What could be more fascist than the poster's implied wish
to outlaw thoughts the poster finds uncomfortable? "

-s