[extropy-chat] Prelate: Catholicism incompatible with neo-Darwinism

Brent Neal brentn at freeshell.org
Thu Jul 7 15:36:56 UTC 2005

 (7/7/05 9:17) Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:

>Amazing scenes: just when you think Christian dogmatists have realized it's
>not safe to get in the ring with science, we learn that divinely directed
>evolution is the truth, and Darwin plus genetics is just plain wrong:

I recall that we had an argument about whether the Catholic church truly accepted evolutionary science about 18 months ago or so.  I hope that the apologists for the Catholic Church here note this.

In more amusing news, this puts the fundamentalists here in a fun position, since they widely consider the Catholic Church to be 'unChristian.'  Maybe this will temper their support for 'intelligent design?'  We could only be so lucky....

Brent Neal
Geek of all Trades
http://brentn.freeshell.org

"Specialization is for insects" -- Robert A. Heinlein