[extropy-chat] Samantha, i read your message very carefully-- it is poignant, very important

c c beb_cc at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 10 01:16:32 UTC 2005

Responsibility in the context of this war? What
responsibility do we armchair mind-warriors have?
Intellectuals are thinkers, those risking their hides
in the armed services are doers. And if you were to go
to prison, just say- hypothetically- for refusing to
register for conscription, you would be a doer as
well. Or if you went to Iraq and protested the war
there, that would be surely be taking responsibility.
But what are we here risking? How are we responsible?
What are any of us doing to resist this war? Aside
from gestures and statements?