[extropy-chat] Re: [Exi-bay-announce] Re: [Exi-la] Webcast of the First Workshop on Geoethical Nanotechnology

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Sun Jul 10 04:11:13 UTC 2005

At 10:41 PM 7/9/2005, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> > Geoethical nanotechnology is the development and implementation under a
> > global regulatory framework of machines capable of assembling molecules
>
>Unless I see evidence to the contrary, I'm afraid I'll be rather
>suspicious that the word "Geoethical" and the phrase "global
>regulatory framework" are not biocompatible with my lunch, so tuning
>in to this "webcast" might cause me to lose it.
>
>It is sad to see people who once wrote eloquently about libertarian
>approaches to the world giving even lip service to words like "global
>regulatory framework".

I'm not sure if she (Martine Rothblatt) ever wrote about libertarian
approaches to the world.  Where do you find this inconsistence Perry?

And, why would you hang your future so tightly to any one political theory
when no one political theory is substantially adequate to intelligently
address the rate of change and the effects of change and how the world can
function in order to protect individuality and freedom.

If you are referring to Max, and perhaps this is a long shot on my part,
but if you are, then you would find that his eloquence has evolved, not
declined.

Natasha

<http://www.natasha.cc/>Natasha <http://www.natasha.cc/>Vita-More
Cultural Strategist, Designer
Studies of the Future, University of Houston

Knowledge is the most democratic source of power.  Alvin Toffler
Random acts of kindness... Anne Herbet