[extropy-chat] Many eyes

Joseph Bloch jbloch at humanenhancement.com
Mon Jul 11 00:58:16 UTC 2005

David Brin, who has written on the subject of the changing
(disappearing) notion of privacy, covered this explicitly in his novel
"Earth".

He posits a future in which private surveilance (by cameras embedded in
sunglasses, which transmit in realtime to secure data archives) causes a
drastic drop in violent crime. If every potential mugging victim is
recording everything he sees, muggers become a lot less numerous.

The classic response to questions of "what happened to my right to
privacy?" in Brin's world, is "What do you have to hide?"

Joseph

Enhance your body "beyond well" and your mind "beyond normal":
http://www.humanenhancement.com
New Jersey Transhumanist Association: http://www.goldenfuture.net/njta
PostHumanity Rising: http://transhumanist.blogspot.com/ (updated 6/14/05)