[extropy-chat] NPOV

Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
Mon Jul 11 20:18:22 UTC 2005

--- Bret Kulakovich <bret at bonfireproductions.com> wrote:
> To keep the NPOV
> as it were.

I am slightly amused, and slightly concerned, to see the term "NPOV"
popping up on this list, after I posted a definition of it here not too
long ago.  :)

NPOV is something that the Wikipedia project has defined as a subgoal,
to help its goal of being an online encyclopedia.  Is there a call for
its use in stating facts here, at least as a guideline and in certain
types of debates (i.e., in efforts to first establish mutually
acceptable sets of facts, given as one of the problems of debate is
often that both sides use good logic but reason from completely
different and somewhat contradictory sets of facts)?

Mostly just curious here.