[extropy-chat] NPOV

Bret Kulakovich bret at bonfireproductions.com
Tue Jul 12 12:37:32 UTC 2005

It's not popping up, it was great that you brought it into the list,
particularly at this point in time. So the mention here is
intentional, and I think we need to deeply consider NPOV as a basis
for certain discussion on this list. I appreciate the respect for
freedom to post on whatever topic we want on Extropy-Chat, and that
the moderators leave well enough alone.

Of course my posting, wasn't really NPOV - but perhaps NPOV when
compared to the passion on this list in this topic in the past weeks.
In regard to NPOV, I believe I can establish backing for the facts
stated in my post, though not the speculations which I am looking to
share and discuss, if anyone is interested.

As for the subject of the post itself, I find it hard to believe that
with the intellectual width and breadth this list has, that we cannot
discuss this topic at a higher level. I am offering some thoughts on
the macro view, which is imho much more plausible then any of the
inhumanities churned out by either political party, the media, and so
forth.

Where it is true that we identify more strongly with our 'tribe' as
indicated in previous threads and their postings, we should keep in
mind that the level of socialization this represents is imprinted at
the earliest stages of development. This in turn can lead to that
level of dialogue.

Thanks again Adrian,

]3

ps - Guns, Germs & Steel is on PBS tonight. If it is even half as
good as the book, it should be worth a Tivo.