[extropy-chat] Who thinks the Bush admin lied over Iraq? Onwhatbasis?

Bret Kulakovich bret at bonfireproductions.com
Tue Jul 12 20:52:21 UTC 2005

Here, let me try.

Not that it matters at this point, because opinions solidified long
before this 'discussion'.

Saddam had chemical and biological weapons. As we all know, and he
used them on his own people. [1]

A sparse amount of sarin and mustard gas, was found scattered about
in 2004. [2]

Iraq had an existing infrastructure for the construction and
deployment of said weapons. [3]

Saddam liked to bury stuff out in fields. [4]

Those are a few facts, each cited below, with varying degrees of
credibility.

Someone can no more prove that Bush 'knew he was lying' about WMDs
than I can prove that Saddam moved his weapons over the Syrian border
in the long buildup to the invasion. Or that Russian technicians were
still installing electronic countermeasures in Baghdad when the US
attacked. Or that those Russian technicians preferred boxers over
briefs.

I can infer with the above points. No more, no less.

I can guess boxers.

]3

-----

[1] scholar.google.com:

Experiencing chemical warfare: Two physicians tell their story of
Halabja in Northern Iraq
http://epe.lac-bac.gc.ca/100/201/300/cdn_jrn_of_rural_medicine/2004/
cjrm_9-3/0178.htm

Historical Security Council Topic A: The need for UN intervention as
a result of Iraq’s invasion...
http://www.immuns.org/2004BackgroundPapers/English/Historical%
2520Security%2520Council/hsc_a.pdf

[2] various news outlets, May 2004