[extropy-chat] Who thinks the Bush admin lied over Iraq? On whatbasis?

Brett Paatsch bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au
Fri Jul 15 02:07:45 UTC 2005

Damien Sullivan wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 12, 2005 at 12:43:44PM +1000, Brett Paatsch wrote:
>
>> meaning the US, or the Bush administration, (I'm not part of any of those
>> "we") deliberately lied or misrepresented the reasons for invading Iraq.
>
> There's also wilful delusion, misrepresentation to self.  And choosing to
> listen to the Defense Dept. instead of the State when Defense says "we'll
> be
> welcomed" and State says "uh, maybe not".
>
> As for Bush's intentions, this might be disturbing:
> http://www.gnn.tv/articles/article.php?id=761

Just a quick note Damien S. to let you know I did not overlook
this post.   I found your link interesting, writers that can get
close to people who want to tell their story, can tend to be
good (ie. informative and systematic if reluctant) witnesses as
to what the would-be story teller or public-persona builder
(the politician) was actually like, and thinking, at a certain point
in time, thanks.

Writers tend to know that of course and are often not super
eager to be called forward or subpoenaed as witnesses against
people in power, especially whilst they are still in power,
afterwards of course, 'everyone' has an inside story.

Brett Paatsch