[extropy-chat] Minarchism, Objectivism, Anarcho-capitalism etc

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 16 17:51:29 UTC 2005

--- Rafal Smigrodzki <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7/15/05, Marc Geddes <marc_geddes at yahoo.co.nz> wrote:
> >
> > As to Minarchism, most Libertarians I know condemn as
> > 'ideologically impure' any-one who thinks the
> > government has a role beyond regulating against force
> > and fraud.  I named quite a few goods and services in
> > the earlier thread which go beyond simple MInarchism.
> > In fact, on the FSP forums even pure Minarchists are
> > sometimes condemned as 'traitors to the Libertarian
> > cause' by the anarcho-capitalists.
>
> ### I'll have to move over there and help kick some traitors' butts.

Actually, the biggest impedance to membership growth has been
do-nothing forum fleas mounting witch-hunt litmus tests. It does
nothing to sell the project.

You only spread libertarianism if you get to know people who are not
strictly ancap fundamentalists. Sticking within your tribe for libbers
is as bad a mistake as liberal intellectuals make in never getting to
know anybody outside their chattering class.

> > For heavens man, when you are going to finally snap
> > out of your anarcho-capitalist lunacy?
> >
> ### Never. I am in the vanguard of the forces of light and goodness,
> the harbinger of greatness to come, the peace-loving, the smart, the
> true, anarcho-capitalist forever.
>
> How can you, the fallen one, an apostate, upbraid me?

There is a difference between snapping out of one's anarcho-capitalism
and learning to use it as a guide, not a straight-jacket.

Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com