[extropy-chat] Hype or tripe?

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 16 18:02:59 UTC 2005

--- Bret Kulakovich <bret at bonfireproductions.com> wrote:
> Both?
>
> This is the nth time I've heard this type of story, about the human
> body conducting digital info. I had even heard Microsoft tried to
> patent it.
>
> IBM developed the "personal area network" so long ago I can't even
> remember. It was the same thing. Handshakes between individuals
> passed business card info, etc. etc. Up through borderline 'toothing'
> applications.

I believe everybody runs into a liability issue: the science on
interfering in the human electric field is so murky and filled with
chicken-little bogosity (take the cellphone radiation issue, for
example), that anybody who comes out with this technology is sure to
come under continuous lawsuit from people claiming all their ailments,
real or imagined, are from the PAN devices.

Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com