[extropy-chat] Movie Review: "Immortal"

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 17 00:31:05 UTC 2005

I just watched a bizarre Sci-Fi with a mixture of
transhuman and new-age themes called "Immortal" by
Enki something or another. My initial feelings on it
were mixed. It is certainly visually stimulating with
a mixture of CGI animation and cinematography that is,
while not seamless, nonetheless bizarre and
facinating. At first, I thought the acting was
horrible, but as the movie progressed, I came to the
conclusion it is portraying a posthuman society in
which emotion is not expressed in normal human fashion
but is instead just different enough to keep the
viewer off balance. If you want a disturbing vision of
a posthuman future, watch it. Then let me know what
you think. Don't expect Lucas level special effects,
but a bizarre and interesting story along posthuman
lines.

The Avantguardian
is
Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"The surest sign of intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't attempted to contact us."
-Bill Watterson