[extropy-chat] Dark matter and ET

Emlyn emlynoregan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 04:51:03 UTC 2005

Bill K wrote:
> These are nearly immortal beings, who have redesigned themselves to
> 'something wonderful', resource rich, developing who knows what down
> to the nanoscale level, meshed together in some kind of virtual web
> that we can only begin to guess at. Look at how upset web geeks get if
> they lose their broadband connection for a day. And you think it
> likely that a piece of these beings will cut themselves off for
> centuries to go to another star system?

I wonder whether sufficiently advanced critters could work with very
much smaller scales of matter, well beyond nanoscale? Perhaps the 3D
cartesian plane universe around them begins to look like it uses real
numbers rather than integers, and the second order infinity makes it
more appealing to stay home - whole universe in a grain of sand and
all that?

Hmm, magic physics, I'll gong myself out right here.

--
Emlyn

http://emlynoregan.com   * blogs * music * software *