[extropy-chat] Anniversaries are such human things...

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 21 02:42:47 UTC 2005

--- Joseph Bloch <jbloch at humanenhancement.com> wrote:

> And so, as a human, I feel compelled to observe
> them.
>
> Just wanted to mark the 36th anniversary of the
> first manned Moon
> landing, by the brave crew of Apollo 11, on this day
> in 1969.
>
> I only hope that if I am given a similar
> opportunity, I can rise to such
> a challenge.

Of all the silly anniverseraies of humanity, this is a
really good one. Good call Joseph, it would have
completely escaped my notice otherwise. Even as we
speak, the words "One small step for man, one giant
leap for mankind." are echoing dimly across Arcturus
36 ly away. I wonder if anyone is listening? When I
get home, I will toast Appollo 11 tonight. May the
moon be the first of many new worlds humanity leaves
its footprints on.

The Avantguardian
is
Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"The surest sign of intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't attempted to contact us."
-Bill Watterson