[extropy-chat] Gay marriage in Spain, a world of change

Harvey Newstrom mail at harveynewstrom.com
Thu Jul 21 11:30:26 UTC 2005

On Jul 20, 2005, at 11:08 PM, Mike Lorrey wrote:

> Quite a number of these things can be contracted, Harvey. You are being
> disengenuous in claiming otherwise.

Please point them out, Mike.  Many gay couples would seriously be
interested.  I know of no way that a gay couple can contract for any of
these items between themselves.  Even if they did, the contracts are
not enforceable.  Third parties can and do deny these benefits on the
basis that the partners are not legally married.  Any contract between
the couple is unenforceable and can be disallowed by a third party
despite the couple's wishes.  If you know of any way to force any of
these items to occur just because the gay couple wants it, please
explain how.