[extropy-chat] Ultra-hard-line Islam report on bioethics

Joseph Bloch jbloch at humanenhancement.com
Sat Jul 23 20:54:29 UTC 2005

Nope... just providing context. These are the extremist Muslims we all
keep hearing about.

If you read the main website, you will see the stuff about
re-establishing the Caliphate and bringing the world under Islam. See,
for example http://www.hizb-ut-tahrir.org/english/english.html where we
see such gems as "It [their political party] also strives to bring her
back to her previous might and glory such that she wrests the reins of
initiative away from other states and nations, and returns to her
rightful place as the first state in the world, as she was in the past,
when she governs the world according to the laws of Islam."

And, personally, I don't think "it's forbidden because an old book says
that God said it's evil" to be a thoughtful analysis in any context; be
it Christian, Muslim, or anything else.

Joseph