[extropy-chat] Glad to be back

david stiger stiger420 at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 24 21:26:19 UTC 2005

I have been very ill for the past few days, and without internet access, so
I am very pleased to have read my email and discovered that I am still a
part of this group, which I do so respect.  In response to the
Avantguardian's reply to my last post, I would like to clarify something.
It was not the criticism of my idea's which was hindering my desire to keep
posting etc.  It was the fear of being removed from the ExIlist for having
expressed them.

I find this list mentally invigorating and quite possibly the greatest
cerebral excercise I have ever encountered.  It is for that reason that I
was afraid to post things that would warrant my expulsion.  Now that I am a
little clearer on the parameters necessary for removal from the list, I will
continue to post, but I will try to make sure that I structure my arguments
soundly and with factual information.  And just so some of you (i.e. Eugen
Lietl) don't cringe when you read this, I do not plan to post anymore
KonspiracyKooks/Forteana worthy materials on the list.  I will try to keep
it on-topic and reality based, although I do in fact believe my original
post to have been as such.

Thanks to Matus for the suggested reading and the support.  I will be sure
to pick both of those books up in short order.

Thanks to Gary Miller for this reply.  The responses I recieved have not
shaken my ideas and I am glad to know I am not the only one of us who thinks
that there is something sinister going on "behind the scenes" in the
politics of the United States.

<Avantguardian>
For example, why would you need to think that Bush was a member of some
secret society in order to cause all the misery he has?
<Gary Miller>
It is more comforting for me to believe in an evil club creating a puppet
than a
country that would select him of their free will!

David Stiger

"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds. The
mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow
blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his
opinions courageously and honestly."  -Einstein