[extropy-chat] Ultra-hard-line Islam report on bioethics

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 25 17:16:02 UTC 2005

Ah, finally smoked you out. You are, then, a bakuninist, not a
Libertarian of the pure anarcho-capitalist variety, though I do have
quotes by you describing yourself as a "liberal-libertarian". What you
apparently are is one of those left-anarchists, like the luddites at
TAO, the IWW, and the Ruckus Society.

Folks, I hold here for your edification one example of an entryist:

--- Robert Lindauer <robgobblin at aol.com> wrote:

> Sorry, you took the bait.  Instead of calling for the resignation of
> your opposing party, you defended them.  You're not even an opposing
> party...
>
> You could have not taken the bait, but you did.  I wasn't surprised,
> but up until then I was at least hopeful.  I thought, maybe, just
> maybe
> there's a kind-hearted man behind all the lies and hate.  But no,
> there's just a sleazy political apologist doing the dirty work of the
> national machinery.
>
> Just be a republican.  Stop trying to pretend to rebel from your
> mommy and grow up.  Admit you hate poor people and enjoy the ensuing
> satisfaction of watching the organized repression we call government.
>
> Robbie
>
> PS - I'm certainly NOT a liberal!  I can refer you to an excellent
> book by Istvan Meszaros called "The Power of Ideology" - he's a
> neo-Marxist so you're likely not to enjoy it - but remember the
> maxim "know they enemy".  I don't agree with much of what he says,
> but I agree with the generalized outlook of thinking of government
> as a human phenomena to be studied scientifically and ideology as
> an outgrowth of that phenomena. Where I split from the Marxists is
> that I don't believe that labour is able to effectively organize
> against capitalistic domination and so some variety of Armageddon
> will eventually result as the intrinsic contradictions found within
> capitalism destroy it from the inside - in particular as the
> attempted legitimization of repression continues it will find
> itself increasingly opposed by the enemies it creates and
> increasingly unable to stave off the throngs of disenfranchised
> people willing and able to turn to violence. As the enemies it
> creates become, more and more, non-state-like entities they
> will be more difficult to fight because more difficult to identify
> until either an Hitlerian "final solution" will have to be offered by
> the imperialistic side or the terrorism resulting from the enemies
> created in the worldwide labor classes will bring global capitalism
> to a halt (assuming peak oil or some other natural phenomenon doesn't
> get there first).  A little doom and gloom for your sunday evening.

Robbie, a Libertarian shouldn't be in a position of "splitting" from
Marxists, a Libertarian should be wholly opposed to Marxism. Thus you
are in no position to be demanding my resignation from anything. You
are merely one more of those exclusionary entryist radical left punks.
For a while I thought you were merely one of Smith's Kool-aid sippers,
but the truth is apparently worse than I expected.

Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com