[extropy-chat] Why I am No Longer a Libertarian Either...

Robert Lindauer robgobblin at aol.com
Tue Jul 26 03:25:19 UTC 2005

For the record, I firmly believe every living person has a God given
right to own a nuclear weapon.  I think you may have misunderstood the
context, I wasn't clear. "I have doubts about putting large
weapons-systems in the hands of very powerful vicious people with no
obvious way to control what they do."  Is the intended meaning of the
sentence.

In particular, giving Politticans control over large-scale military
might is like giving a mass murderer a chainsaw.  They're bound to use
it, you may not like what they do with it, you may not be able to stop
them, and somebody's definitely goingo die.

Robbie Lindauer
Former Libertarian