[extropy-chat] Why I am No Longer a Libertarian Either...

Al Brooks kerry_prez at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 27 01:44:06 UTC 2005

What about intellectuals-- can they be trusted? Would
it be reasonable to say around 80% of professors are
in it mostly for the salary and benefits? I certainly
don't want to criticize the military-industrial
complex if most intellectuals (professors at the top)
are no more trustworthy.
  I hesitate to discuss the illegal immigration issue.
 Mexican families are now so plugged into America
there is no chance of consensus to close the border to
illegals, unless we get another big attack in the U.S.
 Liberal friends wont discuss it at all, they clam up.
Some wont even admit terrorism exists. They don't
argue, they merely scoff, "terrorism? what
terrorism?"; the most they will say is America wont
admit what it did in the past to the Mideast. then
they change the subject & refuse to be drawn out.