[extropy-chat] Superweed forms

Lifespan Pharma Inc. megao at sasktel.net
Wed Jul 27 11:23:44 UTC 2005

I am not so surprised to see the roundup resistance trait migrate.
Roundup is a widely used herbicide the wipes out most every crop
competitors.
Roundup though is a very non-toxic herbicide so its benefits are numerous.

However, what I would suggest to watch for is the terminator or
sterility gene.
In theory this gene could migrate and make extinct an entire plant type.
So the GM debate is off course.
Instead of painting all GM with one brush it is important to pick on
areas where
there are larger than average downsides.